From strategic 3-day stubble to full lumberjack, beards have never been so popular. Guys all over the world are embracing and celebrating their facial hair with pride. However, keeping a beard in check requires a little bit more TLC than the occasional beard trim. Looking after your beard will require a grooming routine, featuring Beard Oil and Beard Balm.
What is Beard Oil?
Beard oil is a specially formulated product designed to moisturize, nourish, and condition both the beard hair and the underlying skin. It typically consists of a blend of carrier oils and essential oils, each offering unique benefits to promote a healthy beard and skin, preventing dryness, itchiness, and the dreaded "beardruff." Beard oils come in a variety of fragrances, so check out our selection to find your favourite.
What is Beard Balm?
Beard balm is a product designed to not only condition your beard but also style it. Beard balms tend to offer a light hold to help add structure and keep flyaways under control. There are many beard balms on the market offering different qualities, some focusing more on styling, while others are aimed at maintenance and conditioning.
What's the Difference between Beard Balm and Beard Oil?
Beard oils are traditionally developed to nourish and condition your beard. They are highly concentrated and only need to be used once every few days. Overuse can lead to an oily beard. On the other hand, beard balms are usually formulated to style your beard and can be used daily to ensure your beard is in check.
The best Beard Grooming Routine:
So, what's the perfect grooming routine? Start with a fresh beard trim from your local Tommy Gun's Barbershop. To look after your beard and the skin underneath, apply beard oil every 2-4 days, depending on your skin, the weather, and your daily activities. Find what works best for you! When applying beard oil, it's best to give your beard a thorough combing to get rid of any knots and tangles.
When you're heading out and want your beard to look on point, take a dab of beard balm, emulsify it in your hands, and work it through your beard. You can use a comb or your hands to shape your beard. Looking after your beard doesn't just mean styling it, but it also needs a wash every few days too! You can wash your beard just like you wash your hair—dampen the beard, use beard wash to create a lather, and rinse out.
Tommy Gun's favourite Beard Products:
At Tommy Gun's Barbershop, we have a great appreciation for fine beard products. While there are many on the market, here are some of our favourites:
- Fast-absorbing formula
- 100% natural ingredients
- Intoxicatingly good scent
- Thicker and less greasy than traditional beard oils
- Moisturizes hair and skin
- Mild vanilla scent
- Stops flaking and itching
- Unique cedarwood and spice fragrance
- Made in Italy
- Light hold for controlled styling
- Healthy shine without looking greasy
- Subtle coconut fragrance
- Light hold and low shine
- Contains shea butter and argan oil
- Masculine, deep woods scent
- Medium hold with a natural finish
- Packed with natural ingredients to nourish the beard and protect the face
- Forest fragrance
- Leave in beard cleanser
- Easy to use, quick absorbing dry foam
- Softens the beard while removing daily residue
- Daily deep clean beard wash
- Made from 100% natural ingredients
- Kunzia, lemon myrtle and iron bark fragrance
- Rich cleansing formula made with high quality ingredients
- 2 in 1 shampoo and conditioner
- Subtle peppermint scent